Dynamic Positioning Revalidation Course
Every week from Monday - Friday
The minimum entry requirement is a DPO Certificate issued by the NI. The original DPO Certificate should be presented at the DP centre where the Revalidation Course is completed. The Revalidation Course may be completed up to six months before the revalidation date set by the NI. The course will be valid for a period of 12 months only, in which the DPO must send in an application into the NI.
If the participant is completing the course for the first time, there is no minimum DP sea time requirement.
If the participant is completing the course for a second or subsequent time, a minimum of 28 DP sea time days will be required to revalidate. This DP time may be completed prior to or after the Revalidation Course.
Where a participant subsequently revalidates after taking the course by completion of the full sea time requirement of 150 DP sea time days that participant can then take the Revalidation Course again without a DP sea time requirement.
Legacy and Grandfathered certificate holders will be able to take the course to revalidate until 31st December 2019. After this date previous Legacy and Grandfathered certificate holders will need to complete DP sea time days towards revalidation.
- Copy of COC (Minimum qualification is set at STCW Regulation II/1 - II/2 - II/3 Deck, Regulation III/1 - III/2 - III/3 Engine and Regulation III/6 for ETO).
- Copy of CDC / Seaman's Book.
- Copy of valid passport.
- 3 x 4 size color Photograph (3 pcs).
- Copy of transfer payment for course fee.
- Copy Of DP Certificate from Nautical Institute
The following is a list of the objectives which should be attained by the DPOs upon completion of the Revalidation Course.
- List the various providers of documents containing statutory requirements and guidance relating to DP operations, including:
- Explain the purpose of documentation associated with DP operations, such as DP operations manuals, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and capability plots
- Describe the IMO (DP) equipment classes and their application, with reference to the IMO Guidelines for Vessels with DP Systems.
- Understand the importance of reporting DP incidents, knows where to find DP incident reports and knows how to report DP incidents.
- Describe the following position reference systems commonly associated with DP installations: Differential GNSS, hydroacoustic, INS, taut wire, Artemis, FMCW Radar and laser-based systems.
- Describe the failure modes of the following position reference systems: Differential GNSS, hydroacoustic, INS, taut wire, Artemis, FMCW Radar and laser-based systems.
- Describe the following sensors associated with DP installations: vertical reference sensor/unit, motion reference unit, gyro compass, wind sensor (anemometer) and draught input sensor. ASOG, TAM and CAM.
- Describe the failure modes of the following sensors: vertical reference sensor/unit, motion reference unit, gyro compass, wind sensor (anemometer) and draught input sensor.
Course Duration :
Course duration for DP Simulator Course is 5 days
Course Content :
The course is intended for those who have already been issued a DPO Certificate from the NI but are unable to revalidate their DPO Certificate if they have not gained sufficient DP sea time. The overall course aim is to update the DPOs with the latest rules and regulations, position references and sensors, known DP incidents and lessons learned. At the end of the course, the student should:
- Have acquired knowledge of the latest rules and regulations
- Have acquired knowledge of the latest developments within sensors and PRS
- Have acquired knowledge of the latest relevant DP incidents and why they occurred
- Be able to recognise the various alarm, warning and information messages
- Carry out operational planning, risk assessment and hazard identification tasks
- Set up the DP system for a particular task/operation
- Decide on courses of action because of systems failure
Pricing for DP Simulator Course (Includes Handbook, DP Logbook, and meals during training) : IDR 23.000.000 (Indonesian Passport) / USD 1.800 (Non Indonesian Passport)